A walk down Lake Street will no longer quell cravings of burgers and fresh cut fries. After ten years at 1115 Lake Street, Five Guys has closed their doors.
A sign posted on the front door of the now barren store-front thanks patrons and the village of Oak Park. The sign also lists alternate locations in Berwyn 7150 Cermak Road and Melrose Park 1384 Winston Plaza.
Downtown Oak Park is no stranger to suddenly empty storefronts. Also this month, Oak Park Jewlers on Marion in the Pleasant District will be shutting their doors after thirty-three years in business. Owners Gary Ciccione and Ron Nikel cited retirement and the desire to spend more time with family as the reason for the closure.